Graduate Professional Development
The core of the graduate professional development (GPD) program run by Dr. Nana Lee include three steps: 1) reflection, 2) meaningful engagement and 3) strategic communications. These concepts are taught in her GPD course in the Departments of Biochemistry , Immunology, Molecular Genetics, Physiology, Pharmacology-Toxicology, and IMS.
GPD empowers the student to create meaningful engagements with their research and be market-ready, regardless of discipline and career goals.
GPD offered by GLSE include the following programs.
- Consultations with Dr. Nana Lee
- Designing Your Life Workshop
- PhD Leaders Program
- Best Practices in Mentorship Annual Meetings
- Ongoing workshops announced throughout the year
- "Success After Graduate School"
- Blog by Dr. Nana Lee
- AAAS Individual Development Plan
- CIHR Individual Development Plan